About the Firm
New York Family Lawyers Provide Trusted Guidance and Skilled Support
Compassionate advocates with Long Island and Manhattan offices serve New York families
Living through a divorce or another type of family law challenge can be emotionally and financially overwhelming. To guide you through a turbulent situation, you need an experienced attorney who balances effective representation with authentic compassion. At Van Horn & Friedman PC, our founding attorneys, Alissa L. Van Horn, Esq. and Meredith Sales Friedman, Esq., are committed to securing the best possible results for each client while demonstrating the highest professional standards. From our offices in Roslyn and Manhattan, we provide comprehensive counsel to New Yorkers who are ending their marriage, looking to adopt, or involved in any other type of domestic legal matter. Our lawyers are diligent advocates who never overlook your family’s well-being as we guide you toward a successful resolution.
Dedicated Roslyn attorneys assist with divorce and custody issues
With more than 20 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers are known across Long Island and throughout the New York area for providing:
- Responsive service — We answer questions and messages promptly so that you never have to deal with the anxiety that arises from uncertainty about your situation.
- Personalized counsel — Our lawyers don’t work from a template — we take the time to understand your specific goals so that we can develop an effective strategy tailored to your values and priorities.
- Creative solutions — As accomplished family advocates, we have the legal skill and practical knowledge to identify and achieve successful solutions to your concerns.
Regardless of how trying your situation might be, we take every possible step to ease your burden throughout your case.
Areas of Practice
Reputable law firm zealously protects clients’ rights in domestic matters
We advise New Yorkers on a wide range of legal matters that affect them and their loved ones, including:
- Family law — In any type of family law case, we offer individualized advice and tireless advocacy.
- Divorce — The ending of a marriage is difficult for all involved, but we have a track record of resolving divorce issues in a way that empowers clients to move forward with confidence.
- Child custody — We are dedicated to establishing child custody terms that serve the best interests of young people and maintain strong parent-child bonds.
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements — Creating a prenuptial or post-nuptial agreement is a proven method of safeguarding your legal and financial rights in the event that your marriage ends. Our lawyers can help you prepare a fair, authoritative document.
- Orders of protection — If you are involved in a domestic violence matter, we provide immediate assistance in legal actions involving orders of protection and other types of relief.
In these matters and others, our firm represents clients across Long Island as well as in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
Contact an experienced New York family law attorney to schedule a meeting
Van Horn & Friedman PC advises clients in divorce, child custody and other types of family law matters. Please call 866-205-8221 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at one of our offices, located in Roslyn and downtown Manhattan.